There are many ways to start making money on YouTube and you do not need to be a professional at what you do before you can start making money on YouTube .
If you have a hobby or passion, you can start making money on YouTube by sharing your passions. There are many ways to make money on YouTube and it can be done without showing your face.
You can also make money on YouTube even if what you are passionate about is not very popular and you do not have a lot of people following you or subscribing to your channel.
The only thing that is needed for someone to start making money on YouTube is for them to have a passion and share it with the world.
Here are some simple ways that someone with no experience in video editing, video production or videography can still earn money from their videos;
Create an account on Patreon:
There are many people who enjoy creating videos but they do not make any money from their videos because they do not know how to monetize their videos.
If you want to earn some income from your videos, one way of doing this is by using Patreon. With Patreon, creators get paid by their fans for making videos.
Create a Patreon account and set up a monthly subscription fee. The amount of money that you charge for every subscription is up to you.
You can charge $1, $2, $5 or even more per month depending on the level of service that you offer to your subscribers.
Another way that you can make money from your YouTube videos is by using Google AdSense.
With AdSense, you will be paid every time someone clicks on an ad that appears in your video or in the sidebar of your website.
The amount of money that you get paid will depend on the number of impressions and clicks received by the various ads on your website or in your videos.
It is important to note that with AdSense, you are not allowed to place more than one ad per page and these ads also need to be relevant to the content of your video or site so as not to annoy viewers.
Since there are many people who visit YouTube each day, you can make good money through AdSense.
Sell your products:
One of the best ways to make money from your YouTube videos is by selling your products. This is because most people who watch YouTube videos are also online shoppers.
You can sell your own products on either a standalone website or on Amazon. This is an excellent way to make money from your video content because you will be making sales even when you are sleeping, or are out of town for an event or vacation.
The best way to do this is by creating an information product such as a DVD, book, guide etc. and then selling it using ClickBank or PayDotCom.
Sell advertising space:
Another way to make money from your YouTube videos is by selling advertising space on your videos.
This is a common practice among YouTuber’s who have a large following and many subscribers, but you can also do this with a small following if your videos are very popular.
However, in order to make money from advertising, you need to ensure that the content of your video is relevant to the product or service being advertised.
For example, if you want to sell advertising space on a video about how to use Photoshop, then the adverts should be related to Photoshop such as software tutorials or hardware required for using Photoshop.
The best way to do this is by signing up with an advertisement company such as AdSense and then simply copy and paste the adverts onto your video.
Create an eBook:
Another great way of making money from YouTube videos is by creating an eBook that people can purchase and download online.
This can be done through Amazon Kindle or Smashwords which is an eBook distributor that allows you to make your eBook available in many different formats such as PDF, MOBI and ePUB.
This can be a great source of passive income because once the eBook is created you can then sell it on Amazon and receive a royalty every time someone purchases it.
Create a Video Game:
Another way of making money from YouTube videos is by creating video games that people can play online.
You can do this with a website called Kongregate which allows you to build games and then monetize them with advertisements or selling ad space in the game itself.
However, if you’re serious about creating video games as a source of passive income, then I recommend looking into Unity3D which is an industry standard for creating 3D games and apps for mobile platforms such as Android and iOS.
Create Paid Courses:
If you have valuable knowledge that other people want to learn about, then you should consider creating paid courses for them to purchase on sites such as Udemy or Skillshare.
For example, if you want to create a course on how to make money from YouTube then you could charge people anywhere between $10 and $50 for the course and then use YouTube as your distribution platform.
Create Paid eBooks:
Another great way of making money from your YouTube videos is by creating paid eBooks that you can sell on Amazon and other eBook distributors.
This is a great option because it allows you to write about a topic that you know well without having to create a video for it.
Then once the eBook is created, all you have to do is upload it onto Amazon and then sit back and wait for the passive income to roll in.
Create Paid Videos:
If you’re really serious about making money from YouTube videos then I highly recommend looking into hosting your own video content which can be done through sites such as Brightcove who will host your videos for a monthly fee.
Once this is set up, all that you have to do is start creating your video content and then upload it onto their site when it’s finished.
This way, you get all the benefits of YouTube (traffic, views etc) without having to put up with any of the disadvantages (Google taking a big chunk of your ad revenue). • Sell Your Videos:
This option is only really viable if you have a decent following on YouTube but it’s definitely worth considering if you have a large enough audience.
If you think that your videos are going to be popular then why not approach other companies and offer them exclusive access to them for a fee?
This could be something as simple as selling access to your subscriber list but if you’re able to negotiate well enough then it could lead to much bigger things such as product placements within your videos.
You can also try selling the rights for companies to use your existing videos for their own marketing purposes, however this is something that I don’t really recommend doing because most companies will just want to re-upload your videos onto their own YouTube channel.
Sell Your Equipment:
If you have a camera or computer that you no longer use then why not sell it? You can always buy a newer and better model but if you’re just going to be using it for YouTube then maybe it’s worth selling off your old one and replacing it with something cheaper.
Other equipment such as lights, microphones etc can also be sold if you no longer need them.
This is potentially the most lucrative option for monetising your YouTube channel, however it’s also the hardest one to get right.
The idea is that companies will pay you to promote their products within your videos and in exchange they’ll supply you with whatever products or services that you need to create these videos.
This sounds like a pretty good deal but there are some issues which could prevent this from working out:
1) Getting companies on board: Companies are unlikely to take a risk on you until your channel has some decent traffic.
You may find that you’re better off getting a job or doing some freelance work to get your name out there before trying to get companies interested in sponsoring you.
2) Getting viewers: Viewers are unlikely to want to watch videos about products that they don’t want or need, so it’s important that you only choose products and companies that are relevant to your audience.
3) Keeping it real: You’ll be expected to show a positive attitude towards the sponsor’s product and this is definitely not the time for negative reviews.
This means that your viewers will like you more if they believe that you’re being honest in what you say, so make sure any review of the product is as unbiased as possible.
4) Getting paid: The companies will only pay if people click on their adverts, so make sure your content is interesting enough for people to watch all the way through. If they don’t then nobody will click on the adverts and you won’t get paid.
5) Not taking it too far: If you make a video that goes too far in promoting a product, your viewers will be turned off and stop watching.
Too much of one product can also make things seem like an ad rather than a video and people will start to ignore them.
6) Being yourself: You’re likely to have more success if you’re honest about who you are as a person and what your interests are.
You may find that some sponsors don’t want to work with you if they think your channel is too similar to someone else’s or if they don’t like the way that you present yourself.
7) Creating content: Once you find products that you love working with, make sure that you create lots of videos about them so that people don’t get bored of seeing them all the time!
10) Be creative: You can be creative with your video titles, tags, descriptions and thumbnails by using the best keywords for your product.
11) Don’t be afraid to contact sponsors: It may sound daunting but there are tons of people out there looking for new sponsors so don’t be afraid to contact them!
Tips for making money on YouTube:
- Be patient: Most people don’t become famous overnight and it can take a long time to build an audience and earn money. Remember that having lots of views doesn’t mean that you’re making a lot of money. If your videos are monetizing well then the views are coming from people who want to watch them!
- Don’t be afraid to fail: It’s easy to get caught up in the moment and think that everything is going great but there will be times when you try something new and it just doesn’t work out. These are great opportunities for learning so don’t be afraid to take them! Sometimes thinking outside the box can lead to some pretty good ideas too so don’t be afraid to try something new!
- Don’t get discouraged: Sometimes you may think that things aren’t working for you but remember that this is just a part of the process. The idea is that you’ll get better at this with time and your videos will eventually start making money for you!
- Don’t stop: If you’re really stuck or need a bit of encouragement then check out this video. It’s about how to keep going when things aren’t working out for you but it’s really great!
- Don’t worry about making money from your videos: The beauty of YouTube is that if you don’t want to monetize then no one can force you to do it. However, I’m sure that some people will try but don’t let anyone get in the way of your channel! You can make money from YouTube without having to sell anything or do anything else and it’s a great way to make an income!
- Be yourself: If you’re not comfortable with being yourself then don’t be afraid to change things up a bit. Try doing something different with your videos so that they sound more natural. I don’t know about you but I’m not a very good singer or make-up artist so I don’t use these things in my videos!
- Don’t forget to have fun: Yes, it’s important to be serious sometimes but remember that it’s also important to have fun and not take yourself too seriously.
- Don’t forget to set goals: Set goals for yourself and make sure that you’re working towards them. You can set goals such as making one video a week or making the next video longer than the one before it. Whatever you decide on is up to you!
- Don’t give up: You’ll learn from your mistakes so don’t be afraid to keep practising and getting better at what you do. It’s likely that when you look back at your videos in ten years time that they will seem quite basic compared with some of your friends’ videos!
Faceless YouTube niches that can be monetized.
- Gaming Videos
- Copyright-Free Music